Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh The Things We Do...

...On These Long Winter Days! David told Adam that we were going to the beach, and got him all excited. So, Adam ran upstairs and told me he was packing his bag for the beach! He started grabbing all of his swim gear. I knew this cruel joke had gone too far, so I told David he had to let Adam know the truth, that we were really NOT going to the beach. This did not go over well with Adam, so we ended up making our own beach party in the tub!
It ended up being a lot of fun and we have done it multiple times now.

I have also attempted to start running again! The boys are such good sports. On the really cold and snowy days, we run on an indoor track, but on other days we bundle up and go outside.

MOTORCYCLE VILLIAGE
So one day we got really creative. We made a road for Adam's motorcycles and "trains".

First stop: The farm and the country. Jumps along the way included.

STOP! Construction Zone right before the tunnel going into the city.

The River and Zoo. You had to take a Ferry to get across.

And finally, the city!
Okay, Okay, so maybe this was more for me than for Adam, because I think I spent more time keeping him away from destroying it than just letting him enjoy it and play. Once the pictures were taken though, I decided to just just let him have at it, even if Daddy didn't get to see it before he came home from work:) I must say, I was quite proud of my work though.
Once David saw the pictures, he wanted to create something too. So, he made a motorcycle jump for Adam.

I think Adam was much more impressed with this. H/H! Oh well, what can you do?

3 comments:

Lauren and Trevor said...

That looks like fun! I know what you mean about having more fun setting it up than the kids, I did that the other day with their legos and had a very sophisticated tunnell for the trains to drive through and it was completely destroyed shortly after. I should have taken a picture of it before they got their hands on it!

Heidi said...

What a cute idea about having a beach party in the bathtub!! The pics of the motorcycle village remind me of all the huge train tracks that my Tyler would build throughout the house! I only wish I had taken more pictures back then, or documented it somehow. That's the fun thing about blogging!

Holly said...

You're such a fun mom! Don't you love having boys?