Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rodeos and Parades Oh My!

We love the Lehi Round Up every year.  We also went to Heber Days.  I love how each town has their own celebration with fun events for the whole family.  It makes for a great tradition.

Lehi Round Up
 
 Brandon's sweet little profile
The museum did a bird show and then the kids found a fountatin to cool off in after the show.
Let the parades begin!  I think we went to 5 parades this year.  I kept asking Adam if he was all paraded out, and he would always say, "Nope!"  I think he has learned that with parades comes free candy:)  When's the next one, Mom?

Patiently awaiting the free candy!
Showing off the goods
The kids love putting on my "cowboy hat" and wearing their "parade shirts" for the events.
David and I, Erin and Mike, and my Mom and Dad all went to the rodeo this year.  It was fun.  David mainly goes for the motorcycle intermission act, but I didn't get any pictures of that this year.  We love going every year.

Heber Days
 Suzanne and Phillip invited us out to Heber Days.  William and Daniel were in the parade, so we cheered them on.
I think Brandon caught on that free candy was involved:)
The cousins had a lot of fun together.
Brandon in his cowboy gear.  I had forgotten he actually has a pair of cowboy boots!

We took the kids to the Mountain Valley Stampede (Heber Rodeo) this time and it was a lot of fun.  They had multiple parachuters fly down into the arena.

Heber Valley is just beautiful!

The Rodeo Clan

We ended the night with an impressive Fireworks show.  We were right underneath them.  It was a fun family event.

Pioneer Day Floats
 We also went to see all the Pioneer Day Floats.  It was the best way to see a parade!  It was all indoors, free, and you didn't have to worry about finding a place to sit or park.  Plus they had tons of activities for the kids, entertainment, and once again.... free candy:) 
It was fun to see all the details of the float that you normally wouldn't see from the side of the road.  I am amazed at what people come up with and can do.

1 comment:

Lauren and Trevor said...

What a fun filled summer. Utah is such a great place for families.