Thursday, December 15, 2011

Urgent Care

Poor Brandon was jumping, running, and spinning around (showing off) when he fell and hit his head right on the edge of our cousin's couch!  The couch was even padded, and yet he must have hit it just right, because low and behold, here was the result:
Yes I panicked.  As a mom you always think you will be calm and collected when these things happen, but when it is your own child, it is a different story!  Seeing a hole in my child's head with him screaming and bleeding, was terrifying for me.  Luckily, others jumped in and helped and we quickly realized he was going to be okay.   
 
We ran him over to a Children's Insta Care. The holding him down part was the most traumatic part.  That was the only way for them to get the stiches in, but after a Disney Movie, 3 stiches, and a sticker, he was hopping and skipping around as we left.

4 comments:

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

oh kristin! i think any mom would freak out at the sight of that. holy cow! and i'm sure it was worse than that since you probably didn't stop in the moment to take the picture. uugh.. so glad he's ok! boys are resilient like that. My husband grew up wit two brothers. i've heard the crazy stories. get used to it!

The Nielson's said...

So glad that he is ok. I am a little bit worried how I will react when we have to go through stitches! A few Sundays ago we had to take Carter to insta care to check out his nose. He did the same thing to our couch, but fortunately there was no bleeding just lots of swelling!

Melissa said...

Ahhhh! That is super scary. I'm so nervous for my first stitches or broken bone experience. I hope it isn't soon! I'm glad he's ok though!

Lauren and Trevor said...

Definitelt scary. We are happy to hear that Brandon bounced back so quickly.