Tuesday, April 20, 2010

URTA Conference

URTA Conference 2010 in Aspen Grove
I got roped into presenting at the Utah Recreation Therapy Association (URTA) Conference this year. Luckily, my friend, Erica, agreed to do it with me! We were both really nervous, but were glad we did it in the end. It was a lot of work, but we got good reviews and felt like the presentation went well. Our session was called, "Keeping Recreation Therapy Alive in a Dying Economy."

It was so fun for me to spend the rest of the day at the Conference. I saw so many old friends that I used to work with or went to school with or volunteered on the board with. I just love conferences too, because I get so rejuvinated and enjoy learning. It also gives me fresh new ideas and perspective for the kids that I work with. I am so thankful that David still supports me in keeping my licensure and certification! It means a lot to me.

1 comment:

Collins said...

Good for you. I'm glad you took the time to do it. It feels great to keep learning. And Aspen Grove is a beautiful place. I'm glad it was a good experience.