Friday, April 5, 2013

Soaring Through the Sky!

I had given David a half hour intro flight lesson for Christmas.  We went up to the Bountiful airport with a flight instructor named Jason.  We flew on a Cessna 172 Skyhawk plane that had been built in the late 1960's.  I got to go along for the ride and David actually got to do quite a bit of flying!  It was a lot of fun and amazing right at sunset.
 The Airport before take off
David actually got to take off.  Here he is receiving instructions and managing the plane.
 I just had fun taking pictures.  It was a small plane, so I got a little sick at times, but not too bad:)
 
 
 I didn't zoom in, but if you did, you could see David's house in this picture.  We told the kids to watch for us, but I am sure they were having too much fun at Grandma's to think of us up in the air:)  

 

 Heading toward the mountains.  This is where our flight instructor took over.  He carved in and out and up and over the cliffs.  It was crazy!  That is where I got a little sick, but it was pretty cool.  David said he even saw a bunch of deer.    
 We were flying SO CLOSE to the mountains!
 There is the shadow of our little plane:)
 Bountiful Temple.  This is where David and I were married.  It was so neat to see this view!
 

 Views of the Great Salt Lake at Sunset.  We got the perfect flight time I have to say!  It was just gorgeous.

 Heading back in
This really was such a fun and cool thing to do together!  I am glad David liked it and that I was able to surprise him with something.  Our flight instructor said that David was really smooth and in control and easy to teach.  If you are ever interested in a doing a flight, the company is called Bountiful Flight.  You can contact Jason at 801.243.0300.        

2 comments:

Lauren and Trevor said...

What amazing views! I bet that was such a cool experience. I love your pic above the bountiful temple!

Holly said...

You guys do the coolest things. What an incredible experience and gorgeous views. I love the picture of the temple from above.