Friday, December 4, 2009

Turkey Trot

NEIGHBORHOOD ANNUAL TURKEY TROT
A girl in our neighborhood started a fun tradition of putting on a Turkey Trot each year on Thanksgiving. They have a 5K run, walk or bike and then a kid's race. It was only a mere 19 degrees, and 7:30 in the morning, but David still went out and ran. Adam did the kid's race, and Brandon and I were cheerleaders on the side:)

AND THEY'RE OFF!

THE FINISH!

THE KID'S RACE


GO ADAM GO!


The kids were rewarded with stickers and everyone enjoyed some fruit and water after it was done. The freezing weather didn't stop any of these crazy die hards!
Maybe next year, the weather won't be so bad for a better turn out.


1 comment:

gina said...

Run Forrest Run!!! I love to roll down the car window and yell this to runners I see on the road! I have no idea why saying that makes me laugh so hard! Now, my kids do it too!!

But seriously, what a cool family tradition - and a fun way to stay fit!