Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grandma Great

In loving memory of Grandma Great
I have had the opportunity to reflect on and celebrate the wonderful life of my Grandma. She lived a full and vibrant life and gave so much. She is a true example of love and selflessness.
For the past 10 months, I have been able to go and visit her pretty regularly with Adam and Brandon (after his birth). I will miss that time with her and hope that in some way I was able to serve her in a way that she has served me throughout her life. I have so many memories of Grandma that I will cherish and hold onto. She was beautiful in every way!




Grandma and Adam
One special memory I have of Grandma, was her being there when Adam was born. We had Adam at the Payson Hospital. Grandma used to be the charger nurse for Labor and Delivery there. One of the nurses that was helping me with Adam actually knew and remembered my Grandma!

Grandma and Brandon
I am so grateful Brandon had an opportunity to spend some time with his Grandma Great. Although he won't remember much, (and was asleep most of the time on our visits:), I know she will be an influence for good in his life.

This was taken at Grandma's 92nd birthday in May. She was able to be at her own house for a couple of days, surrounded by all those who love her. That was probably the best present she could have had. She was just glowing that day, even though her health wasn't great.


Grandma loved her family and has left a wonderful legacy for all of us to follow. I will miss her dearly, but am grateful for the peace I have in knowing she is happy and that we will all be together again.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Kristin, that is a very sweet post, and I understand how very much you will miss your Grandmother! I will miss her too, she was so sweet to me and always remembered me and made me feel so important!