Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!


 Ha Ha!  No, I am not going through an early mid-life crisis:)  The car really isn't mine, but we did get to drive it for four days on our trip in Oregon!

 I really like Mustangs, so what a birthday surprise it was when we went to rent a Ford Focus and ended up with a Ford Mustang to cruise in along the Oregon Coast!  It was a complete surprise to both David and I.  All I know is that I will be renting through Budget again, they were great:)

STORY:  So we went to rent our car and they kept asking if we wanted to upgrade, first to a Camaro then to a Toyota Camry.  We said "No, we're fine, thanks, we're good."  Then they asked us all sorts of questions about our trip and why we were here, etc.  Then one guy left and said, "I'll go get them one from Fleet", and then they handed us our stall number.  We were going up and down the parking lot looking for our little economy car, but all we were seeing were the nice cars.  Finally we got to our number and there was a White Ford Mustang sitting there!  We couldn't believe it and kept thinking it was a mistake, but the license plate matched and the stall number was correct.  So we climbed in and thought they would stop us on the way out, but we were cleared with no problem.  SWEET!  It was just a nice bonus to our fabulous trip.  I was a spoiled girl this Memorial Day Weekend. 

Too bad the speed limits in Oregon are only 55mph!  H/H!

I had a wonderful 30th birthday!  David made me a chocolate zucchini cake and we celebrated with Erin, the kids, and Papa Jones.  I feel great and am loving life!  30's here we come!

4 comments:

Lauren and Trevor said...

Woa - you had me thinking you got a new car for your birthday! :) How fun to cruise around in that for a weekend - a great introduction to life in your 30's! Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

How FUN! Happy Birthday Kris! Sure miss you...I'll be in Utah in July, can we visit?!?!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

What a lucky surprise. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got to do something fun.

Melissa said...

awww so awesome!!! Happy bday!!