Monday, May 23, 2011

Oklahoma Good Byes

In April, we had one last hurrah with all the siblings who could make it back to Oklahoma. My parents will be moving to Utah, so we knew this would be our last chance to really ever go back "home."

The best part of the trip was surprising my mom.  She had no idea we were all coming and her reactions were way better than I could have even imagined!!  It started out with Lauren, who came in first.  She showed up at my mom's school's class and walked on in.  My mom just screamed and dropped the book she was reading to her class.  Next, Erin, Dad, and I showed up at the house that night.  Mom was out picking Lauren up from a friend's house, so we went into the house and just waited for her to return.  She came back home and didn't even realize the TV was on, or anyone was even sitting in the living room, or the laughing and snickering that was going on as she wandered around the house doing little things.  About 10 minutes later, Lauren was finally able to convince her to come into the living room, and she just screamed, "What is going on?  What is going on?"  Then she looked at Dad and said, "What are you doing here?"  It was pretty funny.  Last but not least, the next morning, Jordan and Amber pulled up after driving all night from Wisconsin and walked through the doors right as Mom was getting ready for school.  They walked in and Mom dropped her cereal box on the floor.  Then we had to completely reassure her that Jason would NOT be coming, so that she would not be waiting all day for one last surprise!   

I didn't think I would get that sentimental, but I did a little.  It was sad to see the For Sale sign up on our house.

 We knew that Mom needed some help with the house since Dad has not been there with her, so we all went to work.

 All of our work must have paid off, because the house sold the day after we all left:)  H/H!


We got to meet Katalyn and Claire for the first time and they were absolutely adorable!  They are only 6 weeks a part, so they spent some time getting acqainted with one another.


 I will miss this beautfiul house and yard!  Oklahoma was a wonderful place to grow up.

It was a quick trip, but so worth it.  I was so glad I could go and have that time.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT HOME...
I didn't have to worry about the kids at all.  David had them well taken care of, and his family took well care of him:)    
David sent me these pictures of what they had been up to while I was gone.  One thing he did say though, was that he was going to leave the baking of cookies up to me:)  H/H!


 

4 comments:

The Nielson's said...

Hey Kristin! I had fun reading your post about going to OK! It made me smile to see pics of your parent's house. I remember going there to eat lunch when we were seniors! Fun memories!

Melissa said...

What a fun surprise!! So glad you posted pics of your home in OK because I never saw it. SO sad to see your home of so many years be sold. :( Your parents had an amazing yard! Your Mom takes after Nana?

Lauren and Trevor said...

What a wonderful trip!

Joni said...

You have the best family ever! I miss your parents, we sure have a lot of memories! Great pictures, Kristin.