Friday, February 17, 2012

2 rooms down, a whole house left to go!

Well it has taken me long enough, but we finally finished both of the kid's rooms!  Thanks to the motivation and talents of my sisters and Mom, I got something done.  I couldn't have done it without them!

The Camping Room
When Brandon was born, my Mom made this quilt with a camping theme.  She thought it would make for a cute and fun room for the boys.  Then my sisters took off with the idea, and pretty much created the room.  One sister even came home with a huge tree branch for the curtain rod:) 



Adam loved helping
 Mountain theme with pictures of the boys camping
 The cute pictures one of my sisters made
 Brandon's moose pillow pet that he loves
 The height chart one of my sister's made.  The boys love it!

Ashley's Room
 Ashley's room also evolved from the quilt.  We found it at Swiss Days and absolutely loved it!  I really liked how her room turned out.  The light lavender walls are really calming.  

 We painted the crib and dresser and my sister made the cute pictures for her room too.  The diaper box was made by a friend.  Everything just came together so nicely.  David's sister also makes cute cross stitches for all the kids. 
 I actually helped a little with the curtains, but my Mom did most the work.
The only thing that needs to go are those awful blinds:)  One day, we'll get some new ones!
 Found this at Swiss Days too, but the lady custom made it to match Ashley's room 

It's a good thing I have sisters and a Mom who know how to do this kind of stuff!  I really like how it all turned out.  Now if only they could do the rest of the house too:)  H/H. 

4 comments:

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Cute decorations. I love how it turned out. It's so nice to have some talented help.

Julie Dalley said...

Love it!! The kids rooms look fantastic and so crafty of you and your family!

Michelle said...

It's so cute! I love Ashley's rooms. Purple and green are one of my favorite color combos.

Lauren and Trevor said...

I love them! I need to hire you all to come here and work on my house:)